I enjoy working with people and I love to create unique contemporary art that brings statements, perspectives and colour into a space. I particularly like the everyday things around me as my subjects and I strive to include a narrative in my work, sometimes a playful one. I am not only interested in the law of nature and how the qualities of light and shade create form, but how the layering of colours also helps to generate that form. I enjoy observing details, which allows me to create an impression of reality.
I hope that my art makes you smile every time you look at it and that it has an impact on your senses.
Art and Biology were Ellie’s favourite subjects at school. She chose the biology theme and trained as a nurse, specialising in intensive care, where her qualifications enabled her to travel the world. However, drawing and painting were always there in some form in the background and she subsequently studied art in London and West Sussex.
She lives in West Sussex close to both Chichester Harbour, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the South Downs National Park, and paints in her garden studio.
- Oxmarket Centre of Arts, Chichester. April 2014, 2015, 2016,2017, 2018, February 2019
- Art Works Studio, Aldsworth near Chichester. June 2014
- Chichester Open Studios. May 2016, 2017, 2018, July 2021
- Weald and Downland Museum. Part of the Culina Artem Exhibition. December 2017
- Courtyard Studios, Chilgrove, near Chichester, July 2021
- Oxmarket Gallery, Chichester. November 2021. Solo exhibition: Flora, Fauna and the Fruit Exhibition
- Contemporary Art Fair, Esher, Surrey, March 2022
- Sussex Art Fair, Goodwood, May 2022.
“Great art picks up where nature ends.” Marc Chagall